Resources & Articles
We have information pages and tips on file to help you get to know your instrument and keep it in top condition. Please select an article that interests you.
- Help! The joints on my new wooden clarinet are too tight!
This is a normal occurance. Read more to find out what to do.
- Mouthpiece, Reed & Ligature Information
How to get the right combination of mouthpiece, ligature and reed to suit the style of music you play.
- Mouthpiece and Reed Comparison Charts
Browse through these useful charts.
- Basic Instrument Care:
A few steps that will really help your instrument last longer and play better, along with a few tips to keep your instrument safe.
- Upgrading Your Instrument
There are many options to be considered when buying a new instrument.
- Reed Care and Maintenance
A discussion of single reeds, those used on saxophone or clarinet. The cut and the strength are the most important aspects when choosing reeds.
- Guide to Brass Mouthpieces
Jeff goes through all the various configurations of mouthpieces to help explain what exactly all the letters and numbers mean in conjunction to mouthpieces.
- Cases – Front Line Instrument Care
“The case is the safest place…”
- Lacquered, plated, or unfinished - which is best?
With all the different finishes out there, you need to know why to choose one over the other.
- Embouchure, Tone & Technique for Flute Players
These simple excercises can improve your technique.
- Designing A Practise Programme for Practising the Flute