Silverstein Works Original A-Frame Ligature
The Silverstein ligature's unique string-based design minimizes the surface contact to the reed and mouthpiece thus improving the articulation over the entire register while projecting a rich and rounded tone. Silverstein ligatures produce strong fundamentals with enhanced harmonic partials, quick response with maximum control, and superior resonance.
For clarinets and saxophones.
- The first thing you will notice is how free the reed becomes. The difference can also be seen in laboratory comparison tests that clearly show the much more defined harmonic partials of the ligature, indicating a richer, fuller sound.
- The sound adjustment nut adjusts tension on the cord. By tightening less, the sound gets darker and a reed vibrates more. It also compensates thickness of a reed. If a reed is too thin, tightening more makes the reed sound like a thicker reed - and vise versa.
- The pads on the bottom of the bridge are now removable and replaceable. The new bridges have smoother metal feet, reducing the risk of scratching the mouthpiece even when used without the pads. The ligature comes with 2 sets of replaceable EZ-pads.
- Interspersed cord with a refined strand – a thinner thread for even less contact and pressure with the reed while maintaining the Ligature’s trademark design and grip. This makes all the difference for greater control, a more dynamic sound, and a richer tone.
- The new Fine Tuners change how the ligature responds to the vibrations of the reed, tuning the focus and color of your sound to give you unprecedented control and flexibility. With it, you can adjust your sound to perfectly accentuate the music you play at any time.
Available at Sax & Woodwind...and Brass in the Original A-Frame design with Carbon Black finish.
Don't forget to check out the Omni-Cap mouthpiece cap and the Omni Guard teeth protector!