Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- We only stock the best
and we have complete confidence in our brands. Some companies such as Jupiter and Yamaha have a three year manufacturers warranty, others have one or two years from the date of purchase. On occasion we sell instruments that are factory seconds, these will again have a different but reasonable warranty specified.
- What this means for you...
is that if there any problems relating to the manufacture of the instrument during the warranty period we will have the problem rectified for you.
- Wooden Clarinets, oboes, and bassoons
In the case of wooden instruments, the wood is warranted according to the manufacturer's specifications. Cracks that occur after this period are not covered under warranty.
- Lacquer/finish warranty: in many cases the lacquer or plating of an insument is not covered by warranty. This is due to the fact that skin pH varies from person to person and this can have an affect on the finish that is not within the manufacturer's control.
- What happens if there is a warranty issue?
Simply return the instrument to us, and we will have the problem assessed. If it is found to be a problem caused by faulty manufacturing processes or materials we will have the problem rectified as soon as possible. We ask that you use insured registered post or similar to ensure the instrument is returned safely to us. On rare occasions the instrument may need to be forwarded to the manufacturer for assessment, repair or replacement.
- You must keep your invoice...
as most manufacturers require the original proof of purchase.
- What is not covered under warranty
Cases that come with instruments may have a different warranty period to the instrument.
- Please note the manufacturer's warranties do not cover normal wear and tear, instrument lacquer and plating, services and maintenance, or any kind of damage.
Products that are on-sold or re-supplied are not covered warranty. Please see the NSW Departemnt of Fair Trading website for more information.