The Yamaha CSG Clarinet is an entirely new kind of clarinet. Yamaha reanalyzed and reevaluated literally every single design specification until they had created an instrument that harks back to the tonal purity and natural resonance of aged grenadilla wood. There's less metal used on the CSG, so the whole body reverberates with sound, while the new bore, barrel, and bell shapes offer a tone of breathtaking richness and depth. The sound is warm yet has a clear focused center surrounded by a wealth of overtones, resulting in extraordinary beauty and expressivity. And the tone projects with remarkable ease in even the largest concert halls. There's never been a clarinet like this before.
- New bore design: the YCL-CSG features a newly improved bore design. With this bore design, we have found the sound to be warmer with a larger spectrum of tone colors and shadings. The player will also notice better flexibility and improved intonation
- New bell design: by eliminating the bell ring on this model, the tonal qualities become more enriched
- Hand-tapered undercut tone holes: skilled artisans hand taper and undercut each tone hole for superior tone quality, even intonation and a uniformed response throughout the full range of the instrument
- Silver-plated nickel silver keys: the keys are constructed from a durable hard metal that prevents breakage and deformation that can alter the response over time. Silver-plating will enhance the feel, featuring a balanced, light, comfortable touch
- Ask about Hamilton plated keys