Delivery and Shipping
Christmas 2023 Last Lodgement Dates for Shipping:
- Parcel Post: Monday 18 December
- Express Post: Wednesday 20 December
Product Availability: Sax and Woodwind...and Brass recommends that you contact us before placing your order to ensure that you clearly understand the likely delivery time for your order. We will contact you if we do not have the item in stock or if it cannot be procured within a reasonable time.
Deliveries Within Australia
Authority to leave Small shipments are sent by Australia Post. Larger shipments may be sent by TNT, DHL, Northline or other and may require a Shipping Quote. If you choose "Authority to leave" (ie no signature required) Sax and Woodwind will not be responsible for loss or damage once the item is marked by the delivery service as delivered. You may prefer to arrange delivery to another address if you are not at home during the day.
Orders over $250 or if you choose to sign for delivery: We require a signature for delivery and our cart will automatically change the delivery to a method that requires this. If you're not at home, Australia Post will notify you via the AusPost app, email, or SMS. If your parcel has not been matched to your MyPost account, Australia Post will leave a card. Simply show the notification, the QR code (for app users) and ID at the Post Office to collect your parcel. Your parcel will be kept at the Post Office for 10 business days for you to collect, and you will receive a reminder on day 5 if your parcel hasn't been collected.
Delivery Time Estimates (excluding extreme events)
After receipt of your order and payment it normally takes about 1 business day to process when the goods are in stock). Orders are shipped during business hours Monday to Friday excluding public holidays. Deliveries are reliant on external suppliers and freight companies. Sax & Woodwind cannot guarantee delivery times, even where an estimate has been provided.
- Standard Australia Post takes 3-4 business days, up to 7 days for remote areas, NT and WA
- Express Post takes 1-2 business days, up to 4 for remote areas, NT and WA
Duties: Overseas customers, or customers wishing to purchase items from Sax and Woodwind for export out of Australia should make themselves aware of the fees and charges relating to the import of goods into the destination country. Customs, taxes and/or duties vary from country to country and will always be paid by the recipient of the order. Sax and Woodwind is not responsible for delays and charges due to Customs and local Post Office/Courier issues in other countries.
Exchange rates and fees: Payment for international orders may be subject to exchange rates and fees specific to the credit card type and payment pathway (on our website this is Paypal Express). These are not within the control of or the responsibility of Sax and Woodwind.
Expected delivery times: These vary from country to country and are not within the control of Sax and Woodwind and may include time in Customs or Quarantine. Sax and Woodwind is not responsible for customs processing delays.
International orders are normally shipped by air, though the specific type of service varies by country and depends on the amount of available insurance coverage. A signature on delivery is required for all overseas shipments. If your payment does not include sufficient shipping costs, we will contact you. We reserve the right to cancel orders for certain countries due to shipping risks. If this is the case we will contact you and refund any payment you may have made.
International Customers purchasing for Australian delivery or in-store pickup
Please use an Australian address for the shipping address. Only exports are GST exempt. All items for delivery or collection within Australia will be subject to GST.
GST: If an order from overseas requires Australian GST we will let you know the amount to be paid.
* Australia Post has changed it's delivery procedure: If you're not at home, Australia Post will notify you via the AusPost app, email, or SMS. If your parcel has not been matched to your MyPost account, Australia Post will leave a card.
If there is a problem with Delivery
Please contact us to let us know if you have not received your order. Freight companies will send tracking information the the email you have provided but will not let you know if the product is NOT delivered. You can lodge an enquiry or ask us to lodge one. Australia Post recommends waiting 10 days before lodging an enquiry.
- Sax and Woodwind is committed to providing excellent customer care. However unforeseen circumstances may occur.
- Sax and Woodwind is not responsible for lost, misplaced, or delayed shipments or damaged freight by the freight carriers after they have been dispatched.
- Sax and Woodwind cannot be held responsible/liable for lost or stolen packages that have delivery confirmation to the address that was provided. The customer accepts full responsibility to file any claim(s) with the carrier for damaged and/or lost shipments.
- Sax and Woodwind is not responsible for mis-delivery errors via carrier, or incorrect shipping information.