The Yamaha YTR-9335NYS New York Bb Trumpet is from the collective minds of Bob Malone, lead brass designer for Yamaha, and Robert Sullivan. This revolutionary Yamaha Bb Trumpet is backed by years of designing and testing to create a model that is comfortable for non-Yamaha players and Yamaha players alike.
The Yamaha New York Bb Trumpet's variable wall thickness means the bell material gets thinner as it flairs out towards the bell rim. The combination of the variable wall thickness with a unique "side-seam" design helps the player produce a full, rich sound. Reminiscent of designs of the 1930s, 40s, and 50s, a narrower brace helps to create a quicker response and transmit vibrations efficiently.
The Yamaha YTR-9335NYS New York Bb Trumpet features include:
- Level: Custom
- Key: Bb
- Bore: 0.459" (11.65mm)
- Bell Diameter: 4 7/8" (123mm)
- Leadpipe: Based on Malone MB2
- Body Material: Yellow brass
- Bell Material: Tapering thickness, Yellow brass, One-piece
- Weight: Heavyweight
- Key Buttons: Mother of pearl
- Finish: Silver plated
- Pistons / Valves: Monel
- Mouthpiece: Yamaha TR17B4
- TRC-9445 Deluxe Double Case