Sax Woodwind...and Brass services all clarinets, flutes, saxophones, trumpets, trombones, oboes, bassoons, and lower brass, and now recorders and certain baroque woodwind. We are authorised repairers for all major wind instrument brands.
Bookings are heavy all year around so call early to avoid disappointment. A booking ensures a very fast turnaround all going well.
- Charges are based on the time taken (plus parts) with a minimum charge of $60.
- Customisations Simply make an appointment if you wish to have your instrument set up to other than factory specifications. Standard hourly repair rates apply.
- Emergency repairs are strictly at the discretion of the technicians and management and may be subject to a priority fee.
- Chemical cleaning
- Ultrasonic cleaning*
- The latest repair techniques used
- Modern precision tooling and equipment
- Internationally trained technicians
- Personalised service, whether student or professional instruments
- Minor/emergency repairs
- Annual services
- Dent removal
- Instrument overhauls
- Modifications and customisation
*Please note: Ultrasonic cleaning can adversely affect the finish of some instruments, particularly if the finish has been predisposed by age or use. Sax & Woodwind does not accept responsibility for this.
Nut allergies Please inform staff if you have a nut allergy and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. However we cannot guarantee that there are no traces of nuts in and around the workshop and store. Unless requested, our technicians use sweet almond oil to oil wooden instruments. If you have a nut allergy, please ask for synthetic bore oil.
Warranties: if you have purchased the instrument from us and you think the repair is a warranty issue, just ask and our technicians will assess the instrument. If necessary we will contact the factory or supplier. Please note that some lacquer problems, and some issues with cases as well as normal wear and tear and damage are not covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Cases may have a shorter warranty period than the instrument itself.
Replacement instruments if required while yours is being serviced or repaired, we may be able provide a replacement for a minimal fee for as long as your instrument is with us. (Student instruments only are available, and quantities are limited - please enquire).
Payment: required on pickup of instrument. Please bring your receipt. Failure to pay for the instrument within 3 months of the customer being informed of its completion will result in the sale of the instrument to recoup costs.
Pads, cork, or spare parts are not available for public purchase. Only experienced technicians should perform repairs or maintenance on your instrument. However if you require spare parts, please try the suppliers linked below.