Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure
We have complete confidence in our brands!
- The warranty period of an instrument will be stated on your tax invoice and varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. If there any problems relating to the manufacture of the instrument during the warranty period we will address the issue asap. For non-instrument items the warranty is per the supplier.
- Please report the problem to us within 1 week of discovery of the problem so that we can have it rectified as soon as possible.
- In the case of wooden instruments, the wood is warranted according to the manufacturer's specifications. Cracks that occur after this period are not covered under warranty. The rectification of the extremely common problem of swollen tenons due to humidity is covered under warranty.
- In many cases the lacquer or plating of an instrument is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty. This is due to the fact that skin pH varies from person to person and this can have an affect on the finish that is not within the manufacturer's control.
- Instrument cases supplied with instruments may have a different warranty period to the instrument. Most cases have a warranty period of one year
What happens if there is an issue that could come under warranty?
- Simply return the instrument or product to us for assessment. If you are not in Sydney we recommend insured registered post or similar to ensure the instrument is returned safely. Sax & Woodwind...and Brass accepts no responsibility for loss or damage during return transit.
- Our technicians will assess the problem in consultation with the manufacturer if required.
- On rare occasions the instrument or product may need to be forwarded to the manufacturer for further assessment, repair or replacement.
- If the issue is deemed to be covered under warranty we will rectify the problem and contact you.
- You must keep your invoice! Most manufacturers require the original proof of purchase.
What is NOT covered under warranty?
Some issues are not covered under warranty. Our technicians have a great deal of experience with musical instruments and are usually able to determine if the problem is due to non-manufacturing issues for example:
- Wear and tear (which requires normal services and maintenance)
- Lacquer wear or tarnishing due to differences in skin acidity
- Alterations or any kind, or removal/changing of identification numbers and serial numbers
- Damage resulting from misuse, negligence, accidents, or lack of reasonable maintenance.
- Loss or theft is not covered under warranty.
It's find to get your instrument serviced elsewhere, this does not void the warranty unless changes are made to the instrument other than normal servicing/repairs.
Please note: products that are on-sold or re-supplied are not covered warranty. Please see the NSW Department of Fair Trading website for more information.
Here are some manufacture's warranty periods:
Bach 5 years
Jupiter 5 years
Yamaha 3 years
Pearl 5 years
Yanagisawa 2 years
Selmer Paris 2 years
Buffet Crampon 2 years
Stomvi 2 years
Carol Brass 2 years
Hans Hoyer 2 years
Alexander 1 year
Paxman 1 year
Wolf 1 year
Schreiber 2 years
Cub 2 years
Cambridge 2 years
Marigaux 1 year
Keilwerth 2 years
Uebel 2 years